In case you haven’t noticed yet- come every fall everyone starts to wear red lipstick again. Have you always been intimidated by the bold red lip? I know I was. I thought I had to be platinum blond like Gwen Stephani to be able to pull it off. Turns out you just need to find your right shade! Even redhead’s like me can do it!
If you have a cool skin tone, you will look best in purple or blue based reds; like berry, plum, and cherry reds.
If you have a warm skin tone, you will look best in orange or gloden shades; like poppy, coral and rust.
Naturally if you are a brunette or a blond you can also get away with wearing more shades of red. But redheads, don’t fret! The same rule applies of warm and cool when finding the right shade. You also want to consider if your shade of red hair is warm or cool as well.
**Tips for holding your red lips in place**
- Start with clean dry lips and put a light layer of foundation on your lips as your base
- Only do up to 2 layers of lipstick, but blot your fist layer between tissue to make it matte, then apply your final coat
- Avoid putting any gloss on top
- Make an “o” with your lips and put your finger through, this will take off the the excess that can embarrassingly end up on your teeth!
- Matte shades stay on longer the shiny or glossy shades
- Don’t be afraid to re-apply throughout the night
-If you wont have time to re-apply, invest in a lip stain, instead of a lipstick
This product will be your best friend. It’s called She Laq by Benefit. It’s a make up sealer that holds in your mascara, eyeshadow or lipstick! You can now find most Benefit products at Shoppers Drug Mart or Sephora.